Monday, August 7, 2017

Krazy Kids Inflatable Fun Run 2017


June 10, 2017
Last year I took my daughter to the Insane Inflatable 5k, which was fun, although the distance was a bit long for her. It was a good decision at the time to leave my 5-year-old son home, as he certainly wouldn't have been able to handle the distance.

But the Krazy Kids Inflatable Fun Run was the kids version of the same race. Half the distance, and kids only, so it was much more their speed. The price was also a lot easier on my wallet.
Pre-race faces
The Insane Inflatable 5k was family-friendly, and it had a small bouncy house to keep kids occupied when they weren't racing. The Krazy Kids Inflatable Fun Run, however, was all about the kids, so they had several bouncy houses available, and the kids certainly made use of them.
Running to the next obstacle
The check in was organized and quick, and it wasn't long before our wave time. Adults were not allowed on the obstacles, but I would be allowed to run alongside the kids and take pictures while they went on them.
Negotiating the obstacles
I would be running alongside, but I gave orders that they should stick together so I could keep a better eye on them. This led to my son taking off, my daughter grabbing him to hold him back, him hitting her...and a fight ensued. After a few threats to take them off the course if they continued to fight, they continued on and had fun.
Going down one of the many slides
In one obstacle my daughter went through a tunnel and hurt her neck, so I ended up carrying her for a ways, but her desire to have fun overwhelmed her pain, so she continued on.
Casually strolling through an obstacle
As with all such events involving large amounts of kids, there were collisions, stepping on each other, tears, etc. but for the most part the little troopers kept going and having fun.
Climbing the hill
Another slide
More slides
Heading for the hill

Over the top
Down one more slide
We completed the 1.5 mile course in only a half hour, and both kids were tired, sweaty, and happy.
Showing off their medals

Ninja Pose!
Looking forward to next year!

No comments: