Monday, December 10, 2012

Sherman Armoured Platoon

Following up from my recent post of a Sherman from the new Flames of War Boxed Set Open Fire!, I've finished my first armoured platoon consisting of three Shermans and one Sherman Firefly.  As with the first Sherman, I painted them up as Canadian tanks, forming a platoon in C Squadron, 10th Armoured Regiment (The Fort Garry Horse), which was part of the 2nd Canadian Armoured Brigade.

I am still rather new to using weathering pigments, so my attempts to use it so far have been rather heavy handed. I'll need to do some research to see if I can do a better job in weathering my future vehicles. 


Painting the Firefly was fun, as I was looking forward to painting the camouflage on the gun barrel. The barrel still stands out here, but we'll see how it looks on the tabletop.

1 comment:

Admiral Drax said...

Great stuff! I love those stars, mate!