Friday, November 18, 2011

Balrog: Part 1

I had originally posted this on my defunct fantasy blog.  Since I'm getting back into finishing this project, I figured I'd post my updates here instead, but that means a repost or two until I catch up to where I left off...

I received my first miniatures commission recently. Well, sort of. It's more a favor for a friend, who promised to do it for another friend, but doesn't have the time (she has a good excuse--she's leaving for the Peace Corps soon). Lest you think I'm doing this solely out of the kindness of my heart, since my friend will be out of country for a few years, she kindly sent me all of her paints, plus some stray miniatures that she's had in storage.


Laying everything out, it looks like all the pieces are present.  Evening one consisted of primarily cleaning all the pieces, and doing some basic assembly.

Before I go too much further, I'll need to start working on the display base so I can get the layout right.

No comments: