Monday, August 29, 2011

Brother Deino...Gah!


It took me more than a year to get back to painting my Space Hulk minis, but after painting Brother Noctis and a Genestealer, now I'm onto Brother Deino. The picture isn't so great, but things came out pretty well, I think, until...


Gaaaaahhh!
I knew it was too humid out when I varnished him, but I was dumb and did it anyway. The front came out ok, but then the back frosted on me. :( The actual model looks even worse then the picture indicates.

I think it's salvageable if I just paint over the frosted areas. We'll see...


2 comments:

Vitor said...

I am also in the process of painting some Space Hulk Termies and I chose the exact two you did. I will be posting them up soon.

You have done a good job!! You can clean up the frosting by spraying with a gloss varnish then re spray the matt:)

Will you add me to your blog exchange? and vice verse.

Dan Eldredge said...

I ended up just painting over the frosted areas, then re-varnishing during a day with less humidity, and it came out ok. If it happens again I'll have to try the gloss/matte varnish trick.

Next up for me is Brother Zael.

Added you to my blogroll.