Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Crisis Suit Conversion: Part Two

The next step on the legs is to put in spacers using some plastic tubing...

And then build it up with greenstuff.  The challenge is getting it to blend seamlessly with the original pieces, and that's always been something I've struggled with.  This time I tried sanding it a lot--and I think I was partially successful.  We'll have to see how it looks once I get to the painting stage.

Here's a picture of most of the various pieces laid out during construction...

And again, I've laid out the pieces in a vague representation of the final battlesuit.  Eventually I'm going to have to bite the bullet and start gluing some major pieces together.

1 comment:

Green Stuff Sculpting said...

I'm liking what you have done so far, and I like the use of GS, but then I'm biased.

If you're trying to make something flush with a straight edge, it may be worth doing it with Milliput as it is harder and can be sanded a lot more easily than GS when cured.

Keep it up.

-GSS