Friday, August 21, 2009

Guardsman "Roughshod" Grant


Thanks to all who participated in the poll in naming my Guardsman Marbo. I realize that the winning name was "Ash 'Gundog' Thorr", while "'Roughshod' Grant" came in second place, but that failed to take into account the most important vote--mine. :) Ash 'Gundog' Thorr seems a little too weird for me the more I think about it, while 'Roughshod' Grant sound a bit "tougher" to me.

In any case, I should reveal where all the names came from. A commenter was correct in that they are all anagrams, but no one figured out what it is an anagram of. The answer is that it is an anagram of the names of two Medal of Honor winners, Master Sergeant Gary Gordon, and Sergeant First Class Randall Shughart, who both were killed during the Battle of Mogadishu in 1993.

1 comment:

Tristan M said...

Very cool on the anagram front, I definitely appreciate stuff like that - just look at my blood bowl teams :)