Friday, August 14, 2009

Command Vehicle Chimera Conversion, Part 2

Welcome to Part 2 of my Chimera Conversion. The first thing to do now was to attach the side thingies from the chimera onto my sides, with some modifications filled in with plasticard. What are these side thingies supposed to be on the chimera? I'm not sure, but on my conversion, they're going to be reactive armor plates.
Next I started work on the hull. After lots of examination of the basic chimera hull, I tossed most of it aside and started work on my own. Some of the hull was improvising, adding pieces and letting it take shape as I went along.

My turret will be offset to the right, and a Rhino/Razorback hatch will do the job very well.
Lastly I test fit the right side--not a perfect fit yet, but I'll work on it...

4 comments:

Ubberdorc said...

I think the side things are what makes it amphibious or possibly armor but the side armor sucks...I think it is boyancy.

www.ubberdorc.blogspot.com

the other Kevin said...

I read somewhere the side pieces held the machinery that propelled the tracks.
Looking very nice so far. I really like where you're going with the offset turret.

Darkweaver said...

hmm... it looks a lot like a scratchbuilt land raider at the moment...

you may want to make it look less crisp and clean to give it that "Guard" feel again

Ubberdorc said...

I really like it!